Friday, September 26, 2008

Insanity

If I had of known there would be so much writing in this class, I never would have signed up for it. This is crazy! Every class we have a quiz that is three essay questions, answers supported with text quotations. Then we have critical essays and other essay exams, along with all the reading. Just finished Ethan Frome. I have always disliked that book, still do. How can there be so much depression and suffering in so short a novel? Next up is A Passage to India, which is absolutely beautiful from what I have read thus far. The language is amazing, I can see why it is hailed as the greatest 20th century novel. Arguably of course. So instead of writing why Ethan Frome is a chain of cause and effects, I am blogging about nonsense. I can honestly say I am semi looking forward to a science class to have a little break next semester. Though I do not find science or math to be very easy (well if the science does not have math it is easy), I need a break from writing. I just want to be lazy and read. I am dying to read the latest Thursday Next novel by Jasper Fforde. I love those books!

No comments: