Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Done

"Go then. There are other worlds than these." Thus is stated near the end of the Gunslinger. I finished it, and am now moving onto the mermaid book. I am very excited to read that as I am obsessed with mermaids. Still have failed to study for my last final, my final final. Haha! Anyhow, hopefully this will free up time to read some more. I signed up for another challenge, and need to go to the library to find the next book. I already read the April book, but returned it and could not remember enough to discuss it. Oh well. Saw a bunch of my old friends this evening, it was so ice. Yet again though, no studying because I am out. I need to focus and re prioritize. One week, actually two days. Get a grip will I?! Again, I cannot say enough about The Gunslinger.Though this one I borrowed from the library had a different introduction (well actually a post script letter) from the author saying he wrote the book because he was inspired by the poem by Browning titled "Childe Roland to the Tower Went", or something like that. That is so different from the introduction in my book I have home in New Hampshire.That introduction states that he, Stephen King, was watching "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", and was inspired to write his version of Tolkien in a western form. Regardless of this the books are amazing, they draw you in, you can hardly stand to put the book down. Yes, it is that good.

No comments: