Sunday, May 25, 2008

More on Book Challenges

Please forgive any and all errors in this post as I have one of the beasts sitting on one arm. I have finally decided on five books to read for the Herding Cats challenge. The books are: To Say Nothing of the Dog ; Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel; The Clan of the Cave Bear; Chocolat; and The Lies of Locke Lamora. I had read Holy Fools by Joann Harris and loved it, I just never got around to reading anything else by her. I was going over the master list and other blogs for this challenge, and realized I should tell people about my book choices. So I am going to try to go back in and edit the prior post where I listed said books. I need to get better at writing about the books I read in case anyone actually checks out this blog and is curious. I am starting to get excited about classes resuming this week. Give me a few weeks and a bunch of papers due and my enthusiasm will dwindle pretty quickly. I also finished The Doomsday Book. It took me awhile as I got sidetracked by work and new knitting projects. I went to Borders the other day for a quick pick up and was there for over an hour. It is amazing how quickly time passes in there without you ever realizing it! And after that I went to Target and bought yet another book there as well. This has got to stop. My parents have forbidden me from bringing home any more books to store at their house. As it is every room at my parents house has book cases and books just piled and spilling out of the shelves. There are books in the bathroom, under the stairwell, in the kitchen, the attic, and the basement. I even went through and winnowed out books (that brought me to tears), and there are still so many. Of course it was that way at my grandparents house as well. So I grew up that way as did my parents. I am always shocked whenever I go to others homes and there are no books, or they are in an orderly, contained space. Now I need to focus on reviews. Not to be so abrupt at changing gears. I am definitely a James Joyce type, stream of consciousness.

No comments: