Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trodding On

So vacation was wonderful, got a fair amount of reading done. I did not bring my mermaid book, instead I read Achilles. I always felt so terrible for Hector and Troy. Obviously Achilles is another twist on a retelling of The Iliad. Great book, very short so quick to read. The author is a Keats scholar I believe and she ties him in near the end. The lyrical aspect of the book is incredible as well. While on vacation I picked up a book at a thrift store, The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. The book fits in perfectly with the Once Upon a Time Challenge, and I never even realized it until today. That book is another good read but it reminds me somewhat of Timeline by Michael Chrichton (sp), even though her book was written first I believe. Trying to now finish the mermaid book, but got sick on vacation and need to sleep not staying up all hours reading.

No comments: